Friday, February 23, 2018

Rampant Speculation

Artwork © Games Workshop


I was reading the review of the Daughters of Khaine Battletome over on War of Sigmar, and something jumped out at me. It was mentioned that the Aelven gods trapped Slaanesh in between the Realms of Hysh and Ulgu, but Morathi's meddling weakened the binding, pushing it more toward Ulgu. Now, Slaaneshi groups have found some indication of this, and are searching for the exact location of the binding and how to break it.

Now, what else do we know of that's been trapped between Hysh and Ulgu? That's right, the city of Shadespire! That was stuffed in there by Nagash, because he was mad about them storing souls that he thought belonged to him. He was also mad at Slaanesh for stealing so many Aelven souls during the End Times, and is still mad at the Aelven gods who trapped Slaanesh there because they took those souls when they trapped her instead of just releasing them where they would eventually flow to him.

Given all these interconnections, I can't help but start to wonder if we're going to see Slaaneshi Warbands show up in Shadespire, and/or stuff from Shadespire affecting the War of Shadows (Slaaneshi followers vs. Ulgu Aelves) and whatever the wars foreshadowed by the Malign Portents end up being called.

Any other thoughts? Any other connections I've missed? Let me know, and until next time, y'all have a good one, y'hear!

4 comments:

  1. I don't pretend to understand AoS lore but if they bring a Daughters of Khaine warband into Shadespire, I'm buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of follow it, mostly just because there are some places like WoS that cover the new stuff for both. My main interest is like yours, tho, in what shows up for Shadespire.

      Delete
  2. Shadespire is a fun game, worth a look for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I know it. It's largely replaced 40K for my group lately. Better balance, faster play time, easier to transport, good 3-player. One other player and I have each bought literally everything for the game except the Dwarf dice, because we don't like that orange. For less than the cost of a 1000 Point 40K Army for many Factions.

      Delete